We are very excited to announce that Painting Practice will be opening a new studio in Madrid! The studio will be under the helm of lead artist and partner Rafael Martin Coronel. This new studio will continue to provide a number of services such as visual development, art direction, previz and digital matte painting for the Film, TV and Commercial industry. If you are interested in joining our team and you are based in Spain please contact the studio – we’d love to hear from you!
We are super excited to announce that we have been listed for @BAFTA nominations! Joel Collins has been nominated for Production Design for USS Callister! Check out the nominations in the link below.
Check out this interview with one of our favourite Motion Graphic Designers Simon Russell who has worked with us on Black Mirror.
We were happy to collaborate again with production designer Gary Freeman on the new Tomb Raider film, providing him with concept work.
Here are some of our concepts by artist Po Sing Chu.
The film is out now in cinemas.
We are currently looking for a Unity Artist to join our team on a TV series adaptation of a best-selling book series, with innovative and complex design & VFX components, based in Cardiff, Wales. If you are interested, please send your details and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior / Senior Pre-vis Artists and VFX / Art Co-ordinator
We are currently looking for Junior / Senior Pre-vis Artists and a VFX / Art – Co-ordinator to join our team on a TV series adaptation of a best-selling book series, with innovative and complex design & VFX components, based in Cardiff, Wales. If you are interested, please send your details and portfolio to: email@example.com
We collaborated with Framestore New York, providing them with some matte paintings for Pepsi’s new advert. Take a look at the advert and some of our work we did down below.
Matte Painting – Moon
Matte Painting – Moon
Matte Painting – Mars
We collaborated with Passion Pictures, to help produce this commercial – Intuit – A Giant Story. This was an amazing project to work on and we are so happy we can finally share it with you all.
It’s such a lovely little story and we are happy to have been a part of its creation.
Check out our case study for it here: http://paintingpractice.com/portfolio-intuit/
Our one and only Joel Collins has WON the Art Directors Guild award for Black Mirror’s episode USS Callister. What a way to start 2018.
We are super excited to announce that our Production Designer Joel Collins, has been nominated for an award from the Art Directors Guild, for the Black Mirror episode USS Callister!
We all enjoyed working on this episode for Black Mirror and it is a delight to hear that Joel has been nominated.
We are currently looking to expand our freelance database of talented Art Directors to join our team. The call is for Art Directors with experience in advertising and film, available from January/February 2018. The position is in-house at Twickenham Studios. If you are interested, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for the visual style and images created for projects going through Painting Practice for advertising, animation and live action projects. You will create the overall design and direct artists who develop artwork or layouts.
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, a degree in one of the following subjects would be a plus:
– Advertising Design
– Fine Art
– Graphic Design
You will need to demonstrate:
– The consistent ability to produce and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts
– High levels of motivation with a strong belief in your ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multitask
– The ability to lead, handiwork as part of, a team
– The capability to deal with stress and work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
– The ability to take on briefs and delegate work to suit the strengths of your team
– The ability to adjust to ever changing client priorities, digest changes and create solutions to any creative issues that may arise, with flexibility in approach
– An affinity to working with Clients and Directors
– Enthusiasm about advertising, animation, and live action with a desire to keep up to date with new developments in the industry
– IT skills in relevant art and design packages, such as Photoshop. Need to be skilled in both 3D and 2D. Our preferred software for 3D is Cinema 4D.
– Acute observation and an eye for detail.
To be discussed
Relevant experience is essential. We expect to see a portfolio of your work and ideas, and at least 2 references from previous employers.
Working hours are 9am to 6pm. However, extra hours are often required in the evenings and at weekends in order to meet deadlines and specific needs.
We had a great time today giving a talk at MAXON Cinema 4D Training Day, it was a fantastic learning and networking experience. We hope people enjoyed our talk!