We are currently looking for a talented in-house Art Director to join our team here at Painting Practice. Applicants must have experience in advertising and film, and be available from January/February 2018.
You will be responsible for the visual style and images created for projects going through Painting Practice, either for advertising, animation or live action projects. You will create the overall design and direct artists who develop artwork or layouts.
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, a degree in one of the following subjects would be ideal:
- Advertising Design
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
You will need to show:
- The consistent ability to produce and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts
- High levels of motivation and perseverance with a strong belief in your ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multitask
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to take rejection and criticism, and to be able to adapt ideas to clients’ and colleagues’ needs
- The capability to deal with stress and work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to take on briefs and be able to distribute work to the strength of your team
- The ability to adjust to ever changing client priorities, digest changes and come up with solutions to any creative issues that may arise, with flexibility in approach.
- Be comfortable working with clients and directors
- Strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm about advertising, animation, and live action with a desire to keep up to date with new developments in the industry
- IT skills in relevant art and design packages, such as Creative Cloud. Need to be skilled in both 3D and 2D. Our preferred software for 3D is Cinema 4D.
- Acute observation and an eye for detail.
To be discussed
Relevant experience is essential. We expect to see a portfolio of your work and ideas, and at least 2 references from previous employers.
Working hours are 9am to 6pm. However, extra hours are often required in the evenings and at weekends in order to meet deadlines and specific needs.
If you are interested in this position, please go to our ‘Careers’ page to apply.