We are currently looking to expand our freelance database of talented Art Directors to join our team. The call is for Art Directors with experience in advertising and film, available from January/February 2018. The position is in-house at Twickenham Studios. If you are interested, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for the visual style and images created for projects going through Painting Practice for advertising, animation and live action projects. You will create the overall design and direct artists who develop artwork or layouts.Â
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, a degree in one of the following subjects would be a plus:
– Â Advertising Design
– Fine Art
– Graphic Design
You will need to demonstrate:
– The consistent ability to produce and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts
– High levels of motivation with a strong belief in your ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multitask
– The ability to lead, handiwork as part of, a team
– The capability to deal with stress and work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
– The ability to take on briefs and delegate work to suit the strengths of your team
– The ability to adjust to ever changing client priorities, digest changes and create solutions to any creative issues that may arise, with flexibility in approachÂ
– An affinity to working with Clients and Directors
– Enthusiasm about advertising, animation, and live action with a desire to keep up to date with new developments in the industry
– IT skills in relevant art and design packages, such as Photoshop. Need to be skilled in both 3D and 2D. Our preferred software for 3D is Cinema 4D.
– Acute observation and an eye for detail.
To be discussed
Relevant experience is essential. We expect to see a portfolio of your work and ideas, and at least 2 references from previous employers.
Working hours are 9am to 6pm. However, extra hours are often required in the evenings and at weekends in order to meet deadlines and specific needs.